Request a
    Free Consultation

    Our Dallas County bail bond attorney not only posts attorney bail bonds on serious felonies and misdemeanors. At Berlof & Newton, P.C., we also post bonds on traffic ticket warrants, violations of city code, ordinance violations, as well as all other Class C misdemeanor offenses, such as public intoxication, theft under $50, issuance of bad check, and simple assault.

    Do you have outstanding traffic tickets? Has a warrant for your arrest been issued because you failed to appear in court? Did you receive a traffic citation, but didn’t take any action on it in a timely fashion? If so, you are subject to arrest at any time, throughout the State of Texas. In addition, you may have incurred surcharges on these traffic tickets, that have rendered your drivers license invalid. You may even have a suspended drivers license.

    Don’t just pay those tickets! The municipal or justice court where your arrest warrant lies would like nothing better than for you to pay the fine and warrant fees that have accrued. After all, courts need money to operate. However, if you simply “pay the fine” at the courthouse, you will be required to enter a “guilty” or “no contest” plea.

    A plea of this nature will result in your being convicted of the violation with which you are charged, which can have dire affects on your driving record, increase your insurance premiums, cause you to incur surcharges of which you are likely unaware, and possibly even result in a suspension of your drivers license. For example, if you are convicted of a “no insurance” violation (also known as FMFR, or failure to maintain financial responsibility), the Texas Department of Public Safety will impose a surcharge against you in the amount of $750. If you fail to pay, your drivers license will ultimately be rendered invalid. And if it’s your second conviction for not having insurance, the Texas Department of Public Safety will file a petition with the court, asking that your drivers license be suspended!

    Sadly, when you enter a “guilty” or “no contest” plea and pay the fine at the courthouse, no one will advise you with respect to the consequences of your plea. Court clerks are not lawyers. By law, they can’t give you legal advice. Having paid the fine, the warrant is recalled, and most people believe that the matter has been resolved. Later, when it’s too late to do anything about it, they discover that they have incurred surcharges that they are forced to pay in order to maintain their driving privileges.

    Were you arrested on class C misdemeanor charges? Did you plead “guilty” or “no contest” so that you could receive “time served” and be released from jail? If so, your plea to these class C misdemeanor charges has resulted in a conviction on these matters. Convictions remain on your record forever! Certain class C misdemeanor convictions can have disasterous long-term consequences for your driving record. Other class C misdemeanors, such as simple assault, possession of drug paraphernalia, and theft under $50, can have permanent repercussions for your criminal history. However, a new Texas law allows you to have class C misdemeanor convictions set aside, if they were the result of a plea entered while you were in jail. Under this law, you only have ten days from the date of the plea to seek to have the conviction set aside. Thus, it’s critical that you take action right away!

    At Berlof & Newton, P.C., we can post an attorney bond on your outstanding traffic ticket warrants. We can then obtain a court date for you, which we will attend on your behalf. In the vast majority of cases, we can either obtain an outright dismissal of your case, or obtain a disposition that will avoid the traffic ticket from appearing on your record, increasing your insurance premiums, incurring surcharges, or suspending your drivers license. Call us today at 214.699.7975, or click the “Get Help Now!” button near to the top of this web page. We’re here to help you!

    A criminal defense lawyer who is also an attorney bail bondsman can provide you with both of the services your loved one needs: an attorney bail bond to secure his release from jail, and legal representation in court on the charge for which he’s been arrested. A bail bondsman can only post a bail bond. He can’t represent you in court or seek to have your bond reduced. Why hire a bail bondsman, when he can only do half of the job?

    Is someone you know in jail on a Dallas County felony probation violation? Are they being held on a no bond warrant. If so, a bail bondsman won’t be able to help you. You can go to the jail with ten million dollars in cash, and you still won’t be able to get your friend or loved one released from jail. However, we may be able to help. Our attorney bondsman may be able to get a bond set by the judge, post an attorney bail bond to secure the person’s release, and the zealously represent them on the probation violation in court.

    At Berlof & Newton, P.C. our Dallas bail bond lawyer can readily post a lawyer bail bond, have the person quickly released from jail, and mount a zealous legal defense against the criminal charge when the matter goes to court.

    Don’t delay. If your someone you know is in a Dallas County Jail, call us now at 214.699.7975 for a free consultation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so that we can assist you in getting them out of jail… FAST!!! If they’re in jail in a Dallas County suburb, we can post an attorney writ bond, get a bail bond amount set, and post a lawyer bail bond. If they’re in the Lew Sterrett Justice Center (also known as the Dallas County Jail), we can post an attorney bail bond in their behalf, and represent them on their criminal charge.

    In some cases, it may be possible to post a personal recognizance bond. Also known as a p.r. bond, a personal recognizance bond is a bail bond that is signed by the judge, the defendant, and the defendant’s lawyer. Once signed by the judge, a p.r. bond results in the warrant being recalled, in the same way a standard bail bond would.

    If you have an active warrant out for your arrest, it may be possible to obtain a personal recognizance bond… without your having to go to jail! These bonds can be granted in court, and can allow you to avoid the embarrassment and shock of being arrested and booked in to the county jail!

    A bail bondsman can’t help you with a p.r. bond. Only an an attorney can assist you with a personal recognizance bond. Call us today at 214.699.7975 to learn if you might be eligible to obtain a p.r. bond in your case.